In celebration of Outdoor Classroom day, which is our favorite idea ever by the way, we’ve got a game for you to play out in the mud! Stuck in the Mud is a fun variation on tag that’s suitable for the drama classroom, summer camps or anywhere with enough space to run around!
- Set a time for each round.
- Choose one or two people to be ‘it’ dependent on group size.
- Whoever is ‘it’ must chase the rest of the students and try to tag them.
- If a student is tagged, they become ‘stuck in the mud’.
- Students who are stuck in the mud should stand with their legs wide and arms out.
- Other players can free those who are stuck in the mud by running under both arms (around the person in a circle) or crawling between their legs.
- If all players become stuck in the mud, those who are ‘it’ win the round.
- If some players make it to the end of the time without becoming stuck in the mud, the majority win.