At the start of class sometimes you can be faced with a low energy bunch. This quick drama game will fill your class with energy in seconds!
|This is a great game to keep students socially distant while burning off energy. Try marking spaces two metres apart for your children to stand on.|
- Ask students to find a space in the room.
- Tell them to pretend that they are itchy to a count of 10.
- Begin at zero with just a slight tickle.
- Increase itchiness to nine as the most itchy.
- At ten ask the students to perform a dramatic death due to itching.
- Repeat the exercise a second time telling the students that they didn’t look itchy enough to increase the energy even more.
- If students are struggling to express the correct emotion in a scene, use the same technique to build the emotion. Tell the student what number within the range they need to convey.