This great warm up game is a good way to raise awareness for your ensemble or introduce new students.
- Ask students to stand in a circle with their eyes closed.
- The teacher touches one person on the head and this person is infected.
- The students should walk around the room and shake hands with as many people as possible.
- The infected person should tap twice on another person’s hand to infect them.
- All infected people can tap twice on the hands of others to infect them.
- Stop the game and ask infected students to raise their hand.
- Repeat and reduce or increase the time to figure out roughly how long it takes for the entire class to become infected.
Top tip: For an extra challenge, see if students can retrace their steps to figure out who started the game infected.