‘Who’s the Leprechaun?’ is a St. Patrick’s Day special drama game, adapted from Secret Leader.
This game helps children develop their team work and group awareness skills, as well as observation and strategy. It’s a fun way to focus your group and get them energised for the class ahead.
|To ensure the children stay socially distant, mark a space for them to dance, two metres away from anyone else.|
- Choose one student to leave the room.
- While the student is out of the room, choose another student to be the leprechaun.
- Play some Irish folk music.
- The leprechaun does an Irish jig and the rest of the students must copy their moves.
- The student who has left the room may now reenter.
- They must watch the group carefully and try to figure out who the leprechaun is.
- Allow the student three guesses.
- Once they have guessed correctly or run out of guesses, start again by choosing two different students.
Top tip: Encourage the students to follow the group instead of just the leprechaun. If they are paying attention, they should all be doing the same thing anyway.