Shark Attack is the all time favourite game of ALL of my preschool classes and almost always chosen as the incentive activity.
- Number or name the corners of the room and ask students to reiterate.
- Ask the students to choose a sea creature.
- Students should move around this space like the creature chosen.
- The teacher shouts ‘shark attack!’ and covers their eyes.
- Students should hide in one of the corners.
- Without looking, the teacher chooses a corner and all of the students in this area have been eaten.
- Students who have been eaten are eliminated and the remainder choose a new sea creature for the next round.
- Keep playing until only one student remains.
- Encourage the students to ensure there is someone in each corner.
- Count down if students are taking a long time getting to a corner.
- Ask eliminated students to choose the next sea creature to ensure they feel included in the game.
- When you have fewer than four students remaining, reduce the number of corners in play.