Boom Chicka Boom is an excellent vocal warm-up with so many uses!
|Please ensure your children are spaced two metres apart. If you don’t have enough space for a circle, it won’t affect the game to have the children randomly spaced.|
- Ask the students to stand in a circle.
- Say or sing the following lines to them. Pause after each line so the students can repeat:
I said a boom
I said a boom chicka
I said a boom chicka rocka chicka rocka chicka boom
one more time
- Once you have finished the first round, choose a different vocal style, e.g. whispering, and start again.
- Keep repeating in various styles.
- If any of the students have an idea, allow them to lead.
Top tip: Use this game to help students develop accents or vocalise emotion, e.g. in a sad voice.