This classic game comes under various titles and is loved by many, here’s our version. Chime in with extensions!
|Try to ensure your children can stand two metres apart in the circle. If you don’t have enough space to manage this, perhaps consider rounds with fewer students or give this one a miss until after the pandemic.|
- Have the students stand in a circle.
- The action must be passed around the circle.
- Clap your hands to the right saying ‘zip’ to pass a zip around the circle.
- Clap your hands to the left saying ‘zap’ to pass a zap around the circle.
- If a student wishes to change direction they may do so at any time, e.g. zip, zip, zip, zap.
- To pass the action across the circle clap to a person across from you and say ‘zop’.
- To deflect the zop, cross your arms across your chest and say ‘boing’.
- In this instance the person who tried to zop must pass on either a zip or a zap.
- If a student says the wrong word for an action – e.g. zap when passing right – they are eliminated.
Top tip: put restrictions on the game to ensure all students get a consistent chance to play e.g. you can’t zop a zop or you can only change direction once in a row.